Accidents and Incidents

Every business must have an accident book in which all accidents must be recorded, no matter how trivial. The book must be kept readily available to all employees. To comply with the data protection act, completed sheets must be removed. We recommend that these be kept in the employee’s personnel file to reduce the risk of losing it. Some more serious accidents, incidents or industrial diseases must be reported to the HSE under RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations). This is a legal requirement. Please refer to the RIDDOR guidance for details. The accident book only records basic information. For more serious incidents we strongly recommend that the company obtain a full accident investigation report. This will prove invaluable if there is ever a HSE investigation or a civil claim against the company.
Accidents Investigation Report
HSE RIDDOR guidance 2012

Simpler Safety Ltd
7 North Street
South Kirkby
West Yorkshire

Call us on (01977) 808 500